I know, I know, it’s another “New Year, New Me” post and I’m sure everyone is tired of seeing those. Let’s face it, how many people stick with their resolutions? Probably not that many… Including me. Usually my resolution is the same, to exercise more and lose weight. I decided to go a bit different this year and have a few different goals for 2016.
1. Spend less, save more. These go hand in hand. Every year we say we need to save more and it never happens. We never put anything into our savings account and yet we pull from it when we have large and/or unexpected bills come up. This year I’ve already set up automatic transfers to go to our savings and I even opened up an account I’ll use as a Christmas account. Not having any money set aside for Christmas shopping means that every year the majority goes on our Amazon Rewards Visa, but I’m looking forward to having a nice cushion this year! Spend less is going to be my mantra this year. I love shopping… LOVE it. I can shop and buy things when I know I don’t need them. I really should probably attend some kind of shoppers anonymous. With that being said, though, I really started looking at numbers a few months ago and realized I spend way too much money throughout the year so that’s got to stop.
2. Be more health conscious. My goal is not to lose weight, it’s to be healthier. I have a gym membership and personal trainer so I need to utilize those more. I’d love to go to my trainer once a week and the gym at least two other times a week. I also want to eat better. I started off saying no more fast food but that’s really not possible for a mom on the go. Fast food doesn’t have to always be bad, I just need to opt for a salad or grilled chicken sandwich instead of my choice of a burger, fries, or chicken nuggets. I need to drink more water, or should I say I need to drink water period. I don’t drink water, ever. Coffee, tea, Mello Yellow, Pibb Xtra, those are my drinks of choice. But my waistline and face show it and I’m stopping them all.
3. Have more patience with my kids – Parenting is hard… No one tells you before you have kids how hard it can be at times. How mentally and physically exhausting it can be. The good times far outweigh the bad, but the bad days just suck. My boys are 4 and 8 and they really don’t get along. The 4 year old wants to do what the 8 year old does, and the 8 year old doesn’t want the 4 year old around. They’re constantly fighting and I feel like all I do is yell. I would love to be able to enjoy them more, after all, they are growing up way too fast and I can’t get these younger years back. I want to be able to take a deep breath and just relax… Enjoy their childhood because regardless of how they feel they will always remember me and how I act towards them. Children never forget, no matter what adults may think.
4. Grow my business. Starting out with Perfectly Posh in December was probably a bad idea. End of the year, right at Christmas time, and everyone is just shopped out. While I’m not depending on Perfectly Posh as my sole income, I really would love to see how far I can go. I’d love to have a team of my own and have some consultants under me. I’d love to be able to bring in a little extra to help out here and there. I didn’t join Perfectly Posh with the notion of selling it, I mainly wanted in for the perks and because I love the products. After I started the consultant training, though, I realized the opportunities are endless. Rewards, awards, vacations, lots of free products and business tools. Who doesn’t love free stuff? I can set my own hours and work from home in my PJs.
5. Grow my blog. I started this blog as a way to share about Stitch Fix and post about what clothes I received and as a way for my stylist to get extra feedback since there’s not enough room for in the style profile and checkout questions. However, I’ve come to really enjoy blogging about my every day life. I love sharing about the books I read, clothes I get, printables I make, etc. While my blog is still in its infancy at just 6 months old, I am looking forward to what the next six months have in store. I get so excited ever time I get a comment or a new follower. I hope everyone sticks around and I am already planning awesome giveaways for the weeks leading up to my one year blogaversary. To see my blogging year in review click HERE.
6. Take better care of my face. I am 33, not 18 anymore and my face needs some TLC. I have got to get into a routine of taking my makeup off, washing, moisturizing, etc. Thanks to Posh, I have found a great face wash that has helped tremendously and I ordered several other products to try to help curb the breakouts. I don’t want to be all wrinkly so young and at this point in my life I am not willing to get Botox or anything like that.
So, with all that I welcome 2016! Bring it on! I am really looking forward to this next year of my life.